WARRANTY & REPAIR GUIDE
All our products carry a 12 Months manufacturar warranty excluding the parts for repair and accessories listed below. Consumable parts and accessories including Batteries, Chargers, Headsets, cables, memory cards etc. and all repair parts carry a 60 days warranty. Hitech Mobiles & More Ltd will meet our obligations under the consumer guarantees act.
Our warranty is return to base; all faulty products should be returned to our stores with a copy of your original receipt. Your receipt lists a serial number of your product and it's your only proof of purchase. Faulty units will be logged in and you will be provided with a job number and then sent to an independent service agent for assessment. All items will be repaired if possible, if a repair is not possible we will arrange for a replacement unit of similar specifications, and the warranty will carry on from the initial date of purchase. The assessment and repair process can take 7-15 working days. Some delays may occur if there is a shortage of parts.
All service items are subject to a $20 deposit payable at the time of booking the item in.
The Assessment Bond is refundable if
• The device is within the warranty period.
• The device fault is covered under warranty.
The Assessment Bond will NOT be refunded if
• There was no fault found.
• The fault is not covered under warranty.
• The device is outside the warranty period.
The Warranty applies if
• The device and its accessories are handled properly for the intended use, in accordance with the operating instructions.
• The device has failed due to faulty parts within the warranty period.
The Warranty may not apply and the device may not be repairable if
• There is Liquid/Moisture damage.
• Damage caused by unreasonable use, including but not limited to impact damage, power surge, misuse or neglect.
• There is evidence of repair or tampering by an un-authorized person.
• The fault is caused by use of non-original accessories.
• The device has been damaged during rough handling, exposure to harsh environments (including extreme temperatures, leaving in direct sunlight, excessive dust or signs of physical damage).
• The fault is caused by Software update (Due to full memory, low battery, unstable internet connection, installation of third party software/applications or bootloader unlocking or otherwise).
• Warranty on repiars are covered for same fault or part replaced. It does not cover any other issue.
• The fault occurs outside the warranty period.
• The fault is normal wear and tear of the device.
• Regarding all waterproof phones, we use proper procedure to seal them but we don’t provide any warranty if phone is water damaged after repair.
What is liquid damage?
Liquid damage refers to any signs of corrosion that may be present in the device on a printed circuit board, component or user interface. In some cases, the liquid damage may not be visible to the naked eye but can be detected with the use of a professional microscope. Liquid damage causes "Latent damage" to the circuitry. This means that although the device may appear to be operational, there is internal degradation to the circuitry which may result in a failure.
Possible causes of liquid damage may include but not limited to
• Immersion in liquid.
• Abnormal perspiration.
• Exposure to steam.
• Excessive humidity.
• Condensation (When moving from a cool or air-conditioned environment into a warmer, humid environment)
We dont provide any warranty on repair for liquid damaged devices as corrosion can develop later on at any stage due to nature of damage.
Data Loss warning for Electronic device repairs
Electronic devices may lose some or all the user software settings and data in the process of assessment, diagnosis and repair and these might not be recoverable. It is your responsibility to back up data prior to booking in the device for assessment.
Hitech Mobiles and the repair agents take no responsibility for loss of data stored should it occur during assessment and/or repair or for any other consequential personal or business loss including but not limited to goodwill, wasted expenditure.
All products not picked up within 50 days of being advised, will become the property of the repairer. This could be disposed of, used for spare parts or sold to recover repair costs.